Beginning

Taking the first steps toward a large goal can be daunting.  I want to develop an RPG using the XNA framework and deploy it to the Indie Arcade service on Xbox Live.  Making a game and distributing it has been a dream of mine, but it was always out of reach due to time, my interest in other creative endeavours, and a lack of technical expertise. 

Well no more!  The first steps are much less intimidating now that I am nearing completion of a programming course of study.  Granted, it was geared toward developing business solutions, but they taught me enough to get started in games development.  I'm armed with that small amount of knowledge, a brand new Asus G73 laptop, a stack of game programming books, the world-wide Internet for support, and a desire to succeed in seeing this project through. 

This site will track my progress.  I hope to inspire other hobbyists to take the leap into games development and maybe even teach them a trick or two along the way.  Not that I know any tricks...  yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment