List of Book Resources

My baby steps began with a decision to return to school nearly two years ago. The skills that I've acquired from my time at Madison Area Technical College have been invaluable as I start to learn the more advanced programming concepts involved with game design. Some of the game design books I've been reading and have enjoyed are:

************************************************************************

Beginning C++ Through Game Programming 2nd ed

XNA Game Studio Creator's Guide

XNA 4.0 Game Development by Example

Learning XNA 4.0

Introduction to 3D Game Programming With DirectX 10

XNA 3.0 Game Programming Recipes

RPG Programming With XNA Game Studio 3.0

***********************************************************************

I can't stress enough what a difference having a firm understanding of object oriented principles and programming best practices will do for your comprehension of this material. A beginner can learn much by jumping right in, but there's no substitute for taking the time to make sure you've a good foundation.

When I've gone through some of these more thoroughly, I'll write up some brief reviews. Learning XNA 4.0 by Aaron Reed has been my favorite to get up to speed with the XNA framework. Definitely worth your time if you're a new hobbyist.

No comments:

Post a Comment